FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Greek Isles, Italy & Dubai (via Qatar business class)
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:12 am
SAtraveller

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Originally Posted by stevie
Very nice pics. QR looks great!
Thanks stevie, I love QR

Originally Posted by hkskyline
They can control all the windows at the flick of a switch? Dislike!!!!!!!!

Doha seems like an interesting small place for a night stopover. I used to fly QR a lot but out back but always transited for a few hours only.
Thanks hkskyline, yes the despotic windows in the 787 are tiresome, but even on the A380 I had a QR attendant lean over to close my window shade earlier this year "because everyone wants to sleep" at 9am on a morning flight.

The new airport hotel is great, but I haven't yet stayed in Doha city.

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Very refreshing, I like the cabin. Cheers ^
Thanks djjaguar

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the rest ^
Thanks DreamTrip

Originally Posted by jubbing
Great start! Looking forward to your review of 'Rome's Cavalieri Waldorf Astoria' because was very interested in staying there - but it seems a little far from the main sites so I didn't want to waste extra time travelling. However, I will wait for your view
Thanks jubbing, well I hope my review of the hotel was comprehensive enough . There are pros and cons to staying there. It is far from tourist attractions and the shuttle takes about 30 minutes to get to the destination stop that is within 15 minutes walking distance to the Colosseum. It's a beautiful hotel with a great breakfast, but the WiFi did irritate me constantly. ^ ^