FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: Reminisce / Nostalgia: "Goodbye US Airways" - tributes, photo essays, etc.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:10 am
BWISkyGuy

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by CPRich
The website is gone, the name retired to history (though I'll remember it when using my GOM miles next summer to Australia). My only remaining question - what do I do with these?

Triple Play promo, circa 1993
And yes, that is Continental Currency in the background. SPG50 paper certs. WN drink coupons - all kinds of stuff buried in my travel wallet.
I just found an empty book of those in my collection last week, CPRich. I can still remember stopping in at the US CTO on California St. in SF to pick up more upgrade books as needed so I wouldn't have to mess with buying them at the airport when I was in a hurry.

The Pacer reference on there is funny... It's hard to believe Pacer was four reservation systems ago now (counting the two different Sabre iterations separately since they are different).

Flight62, thank you for sharing that heartfelt message. I came to US through Piedmont and flew them religiously through 2008. Times were not always good, but there were some things US did really well (especially in the Wolf makeover). No matter what shape the product was in, though, it was always the wonderful people who kept me coming back. Even some of the gruff ones, who you got to know better and better the more you flew with them, worked their way into your heart.

Each generation of the company had aspects that I remember fondly, even if it was never Piedmont again. The HP-style product eventually drove me off frustrated, but even in that generation I have to respect its stability, something the company hadn't seen much of since the '87/'89 mergers.

...And now it's off to the giant Aladdin tray in the sky.