FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:25 pm
ExpatSomchai

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GatoAndaluz
I almost had a personal disaster on a flight last year, that would have been the deepest moment of ignominy of my life. Before an early-morning flight from HYD to BOM on IndiGo, I had a breakfast of sambar and idli from the only place open beyond security at HYD. Halfway into my hourlong flight, I felt a distressing looseness in my gut from the breakfast. By the time it reached emergency situation, the seatbelt light was on, and we were descending into Mumbai. Acutely self-conscious of reeking like shart, I was ready to duck behind a service vehicle on the tarmac to avoid befouling myself. By a miracle, I survived the bus to the terminal with gritted teeth and rivers of sweat. I never thought I would be happy to see a Mumbai toilet, but I learned the meaning of salvation when I made it to the bathroom in the terminal. I didn't stray far from the toilets at the Juhu Novotel that entire weekend.
Been there and got the preverbial T-Shirt. Still tell my friends the story after a few beers.