FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:07 pm
DeucesImGone

Originally Posted by LGandaB
This is one of my best/worst plane stories!

I was flying a red-eye from San Francisco to Mexico City shortly before Christmas. I am a girl in my late twenties, and I was seated next to a Mexican gentleman in, perhaps, his late 50s. I fell asleep fairly quickly; when I fall asleep my head tends to nod forward a bit but other than that I stay seated upright and facing straight ahead. I'm not sure how long I'd been asleep for, but I woke up quite suddenly because my face felt VERY hot. As my eyes opened I discovered that the man sitting next to me had unbuttoned his pants, lifted his buttocks off the seat, pulled the elastic waist of his underpants away from his body and was passing large amounts of gas. I was feeling the heat of his farts ON MY FACE.

In retrospect I handled it very poorly, but I was so groggy and confused that I just jumped out of my seat and ran to the bathroom, where I hid for a few minutes. When I returned to my seat he was once again seated normally with his pants zipped back up. I can say that if a seatmate ever burns my face with their flatulence again I will be better-prepared to handle the situation.
GROCE.