FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for 1st timers in London
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:29 pm
sig05

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I think Dublin would be too much in that amount of time. You would have to fly (very cheap and lots of flights from all four airports) and then fiddle around with different currencies etc. Much better to stay in England and fit in a quick trip to Oxford or Cambridge or, if you prefer ecclesiastical architecture, Salisbury - all easily reachable by train in an hour or so.

You really need to figure out what sort of culinary experiences you are looking for. Is it diverse food you won't get at home, is it Michelin starred stuff, is it good food in a trendy atmosphere, is it cutting edge British farm to table? I could go on but the food scene is huge and, without proper research it's easy just to end up in tourist traps, of which there are also plenty.
Here's our plan, which is difficult and demanding, but I think we're trying to do a lot in a short amount of time. I have no problem with anyone saying that's stupid and you should change your plans.

I think we want to have several different experiences over each night of our stay. That being said, here are some experiences we're looking that are totally different each night (my fiancee cannot do spicy food at all):
  • Best fish and chips in London
  • A Michelin Star experience - something romantic for a nice honeymoon dinner
  • Good food in a trendy spot.
  • We wouldn't mind spending one night in a pub just drinking and eat.