FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathartic, slightly unhinged Argentina rant
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:50 pm
M60_to_LGA

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Believe me, come and live here and you'll soon find 1001 far more serious things to complain about.
Oh believe me, I'm well aware... was just having a very frustrating night and needed to vent, and there were no physical humans nearby to complain to.

It does seem that I have horrific luck with finding quiet in BA hotels. And in general, it's not the hotel's fault at all - it's either other obnoxious people staying there or, in the case of the all-night DJ, from outside the hotel altogether. (That was at an otherwise quite lovely boutique hotel in Barrio Norte, across the street from the Hospital Aleman, but I can't recall the name.)

And as to the ATMs, this is a very busy business trip, and I don't have the time/inclination to find a reliable person to change money with to save my company some cash. My boss is OK with this and just told me not to worry about it. Of course, if I buy anything for personal use (i.e., wine), I have my stash of USD.