FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:21 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hi everyone, posting from 2E lounge. I did pass the check-point at exactly at the same as DernierVirage (1:45 pm) and I do indeed confirm that there was a carry-on weight check at the entrance of the Y passport control lane (nothing for SkyP or PARAFES lane). They use 2 AF-labeled cabin baggage size check device (the ones you see at every gates and check-in counters) but they have a balance integrated at the bottom. I had a quick look but not everybody is asked to check size or weight but only the "suspects". I had not been requested to be checked from the SkyP lane but it is true that I'm travelling light today.
Brand new to me. Ipjanssen says it's done for several months. I have no doubt you are right, but I sincerely never saw it before and I have taken something like a good dozen of flights ex-2E during the last 6 months.

I have no idea whether it is AF or ADP and so if it concerns non-AF terminals as well.

I believe this was only a question of time before they did that. It's becoming like crazy in some flights, especially medium-haul with people (in Y) having 2 to 3 large bags. Americans are the worst when it comes to carry-on size. I have witnessed several scenes on-board AF flights between angry pax with tons of stuffs and crew. Crews are having a hard time on busy flights. Long-haul is usually doing better.
To be followed...