FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: Reminisce / Nostalgia: "Goodbye US Airways" - tributes, photo essays, etc.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:04 pm
flight62

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thanks for sharing!

I can promise you, and your colleagues, on any airline, in my seventh decade of flying, I will personalize you, greet you and treat you with respect unless that respect is lost through actions of yours - at which point I will disengage. No need to get upset for me, I just don't have any interest and too many experiences for that.

Seriously, thank you for sharing that - it feels like it's straight from the heart. It sounds like you've grown resilience, perspective, tolerance, understanding, not taking things personally when one of us boards with the hidden emotional baggage we carry, and I wish you continued success in a career that too many undervalue or disparage. (Maybe the airlines should show a video extract of your annual requalification training?)

I agree with a lot of what you've shared. Change is, yep, it just is. It's up to each and every one of us as to what we squeeze out of that change. I've flown HP, US, AA (since the 1940s) and we're all in for some change to this new, hybrid AA that emerges October 17. We Vietnam veterans were not welcomed home when we returned (often, derided and insulted); we have a ritual of welcoming each other home when we meet a fellow "Viet vet".

Cabin crew or passengers on the new AA, let's not fail to welcome each other aboard.
Glad you and others get my sense of humor. See ya in the air.