FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International transit @ BOG
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:04 pm
bingocallerb22

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Actually, I agree with you.

I tried fact checking if Colooombians could get the biometric data done elsewhere other than Bogota. Maybe it seemed at Medallin, but the Canadian website was so terrible I gave up. Feeling sorry for anyone in Colombia trying to navigate that morass... with no Spanish version! It did show various VAC sites thoughout the country though.

Back to topic. To add ironic humour to my story about paying the fee to get my bag because on separate tix. The guy at the Platinum line with the silver tongue was sympathic and said he would raise the issue with his titanium boss (the issue of me being in transit yet he had to collect the fee even though they advertize Canadians are exempt if in transit). He suggested I just go back and use the in transit short cut and ask AV to fetch my bag for me. I did so. Got through the in transit secuity no problem. AV just laughed me. So I returned, paid the fee, went down for my bag – it wasn't there. LAN had left it in MIA! So all for naught.

I am thinking next time I'll just make sure my bag is tagged all the way to destination and simply abandon it in BOG, use in transit shortcut, and at destination claim my bag never showed up in BOG (can happen, did happen).