FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International transit @ BOG
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:41 pm
JohnnyColombia
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
The bs part is they claim the fee is for Canadians to use the “Platinum System”. Gosh, thanks. This Platinun System is simply to designate (not create) the last booth at the far end to collect the 160000 for doing what they do at any of the booths, excepting collecting the mandatory charge to use that booth.
Well you are saying that they are not giving you anything for your 160 mil COP but they are giving you access to the special lane for Canadians. You might obviously say that you did not request a special lane for Canadians and you see no benefit in it. But the Colombians could say the same about the biometric fee and the unsolicited and undesired biometric process and unwanted journey to Bogotá. Perhaps Colombia was happy with the status quo but was affronted by being included in the 150 countries that had to go into the biometric system.

According to Stephen Harper who is apparently the King of Canada or something. It is to "stop terrorism" So given that "por motivos de seguridad" is the excuse for everything in Colombia, one would have to ask oneself who is trolling/reciprocating whom?

I am all for it. I would half like my country to reciprocate the ESTA questions and $14 fee for Americans

a) Between the years of 1775 and 1783 were you a combatant engaged against Great Britain in the American War of Independence?
b) Spell aluminium
c) etc.

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Yea I love the "platinum" name its so goofy. At least with the peso drop it's cheaper, I think after conversion I paid $71 last week, instead of the near $90 it started at.
Given the name is a bit silly I actually checked to see if Canadia was using a similarly (or even identical name) for their biometric check service. They are not, it is just called a biometric check test.

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I'm hopeful to get a visa one day, I just don't have any grounds for one currently.
If you do get a visa one day, then be sure to do it in Bogotá- The Bogotá offices of Migración Colombia are in "Platinum House." Imagine that, a hole building of fila preferente and not just for Canadians.