FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I get mileage credit by checking in, but not boarding?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:21 pm
redheadtempe33

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Oh come one really? When they do a final count - which they do 99% of the time - and see you are missing - it's a real security issue and also multiple other issues - and then you delay the flight and everyone else on it while they try and figure out why you aren't on the plane even though you scanned your BP - all for mileage credit? That's just wrong, IMO....
I'm not going to guilt trip you for the thought, but I will say I was once stuck on the tarmac, waiting to take off for almost 45 minutes because of a mismatch between the passenger count and the "official" manifest - and yes it was me. I was on the plane standby, and I and another passenger had the same seat assignment. It wasn't an issue, the plane wasn't that full, so one of us took another seat, but when the FA's took the count (after they closed the door) it took forever to figure out (and both I and my seat mate mentioned quickly that we thought it may be us).

Just don't do it.