FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody get sick day after a flight?
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:45 am
Dadaluma83

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
Bumping this thread because I got sick again. Did a search for getting sick after flights and this thread popped up so looks like I am not the only one.

It is odd, I don't get sick after every flight, but sure enough for the past few years every early fall flight I have had I have gotten sick.

back in 2013 I flew a multi city Honolulu, columbus Ohio trip in September, about the day after getting home I was down with allergies. It was a sore throat, body aches, runny nose.

Last year I flew a multi city at the beginning of October to salt lake city and seattle, sure enough got sick the day after I got home, as a matter of fact actually started to feel the lump in my throat stuffiness on the flight back home.

Then sure enough yesterday I got home from Burbank/Pasadena, and Phoenix. I am out of work today sick with a sore throat and a runny nose. I started feeling sick last night right after I got home.

It only happens the first flight I take in September or October of that year, coincidence or pure chance?

All my life I have had allergies and would usually get sick for a few days right about the time the seasons change in the fall and sometimes in the spring. Sometimes, but not always.

Perhaps being in a metal tube with strangers at this time of year is what does me in when I tend to get sick around this time of year with sneezing, runny nose, sore throat symptoms?