FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Views on compensation offered [problem seat in F]
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:47 pm
baggageinhall

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
baggageinhall, hope you're happy with the result. 40,000 would upgrade you and your wife from Club to First on another flight of similar length to LHR-JFK on another occassion.
I am indeed and that's exactly what it will be used for. We're planning another trip to NYC in 2016 and the 40k will be used to upgrade us.

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
I'm just wondering at what point your wife learned what flight you actually took. Did she know you were put on an earlier one at JFK or only on arrival at LHR?

Curiosity, only.
We were on the 21.10 flight. At the aircraft door at about 20.45 my wife and son boarded and we were told that I would be on the last flight of the day which was delayed to 23.30

(Went back to the CCR and had a boarding pass for the 21.40 handed to me about 10 minutes after I got there)

Wife told that I was definitely on the 23.30 flight when they were 30 mins landing LHR.

On arrival at LHR they were met by BA Ground Crew who told them that I was on the 21.40