FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:46 am
surftb15

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Yikes that's terrible!

I don't think they differentiate between full Y fare anymore in terms of upgrade waitlist so you would be #1 if there's no EXP in front of you AFAIK. MIA-PTY is usually pretty easy to upgrade -- I've seen Golds get it even with a companion -- so you should be pretty set.

Make sure to get AA to credit you the right amount of EQPs when the dust settles.

Edit: I forgot to mention for your MIA-PTY flight tonight, the agent might have just put you on same-day standby list? If so, your position should be #1 as they process that before they do upgrades.
Edit: So I'm booked into Y Class, which is still 1.5 EQP. Are you referring to class of service bonus? Would that be based off original fare booked, AKA the I fare? itIn terms of the ExP challenge I'm fine bc EQP in Y and I class are same at least. The flight to PTY tonight has a completely full biz class, so they weren't able to confirm me at the desk. All the other legs are confirmed in biz and first, just like before.

The only problem (which isn't a bid deal) is this overnight in PTY I wanted to avoid. Oh well. I got up so early only to get stranded on the AirTran. I could have enjoyed my morning, had a breakfast, and slept in. Stupid MTA.

Right now, 11/16 checked in for MIA -> PTY. I am first on the list , even above the SWU's.

Last edited by surftb15; Oct 11, 2015 at 12:44 pm