FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA " How Many Bags Can You See Passengers Boarding With " Thread
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:58 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I'm surprised at your claim that the AB product is 'non existent' as I thoroughly enjoyed the huge roll and soft drink I was served on a Palma to Stuttgart flight. The bread was so chewy it took me most of the flight to get through it and I'm sure I burnt off more calories eating it than I gained from the food!

As for the passengers.... They burst into a round of applause as we touched down, which REALLY confused my kids... Not even sure you get that on a Ryanair flight.
The free catering consisted of dry bread rolls with nothing inside (but nice German ones called Laugenstange) or sweet Manner waffles. They ran out of rolls real quick, so there were just sweet (vanilla) waffles left. Rubbish for a 4 hour flight. The LCCs are the clear winner here. I'd have thought a filled roll would be offered for such a long flight. PMI to STR must be in the 1h40 range. Condor (DE) offer a filled roll on the same routes, Germany to Canary Islands and vv.

It's normally Hispanics and Latin Americans who do that applauding thing, you don't usually get it on European flights.