FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:19 pm
ENFO

Stayed here 2 night over July 4th weekend on aaa rate and applied dsu to splash suite. I was in NYC 3 times this summer and stayed here, andaz wall and park hyatt and i would say this was the most disappointing one.

The room had a few things to fix when I arrived, the toilet seat had to be tightened, one tv was not working, and the couch was stained (couldn't fix that). The space was nice though and overall it was ok, just not great compared to the other two stays.

Staff here was the weakest, didn't enforce times on the wine and cheese hour, wasn't really proactive except for one person, and seemed not to know who the guests are. So, yes, a bit confused in general, and I wonder if it had something to do with the holiday weekend since ime the city empties at that time. Not a dealbreaker, but Minibar snacks weren't really anything special, granola and snack mix. Preferred the snacks at andaz wall at least they had chocolate.

Location was great though. And room service food was very good. I guess the hardware was fine, only I found the staff less than welcoming.