FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2500 Bonus Points for using Digital Key?
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:01 pm
arlflyer

Also, can anyone explain functionally how this works with respect to other elite benefits and features of a property? For example, I am Diamond, however OLCI for a property with Digital Key will not allow me to choose an exec floor room. Will exec lounge access (ability to open the door) somehow be conferred with the digital key?

EDIT: As a further update, was going to try this out last weekend, as I was staying at the aforementioned property that had the functionality. Well, I went through the OLCI (on a PC), picked a room, and then selected the option to use the digital key feature. Then, the website said that it would only work for IOS and an Android version hadn't been developed yet. Well, should have checked this thread, because it was in fact available for Android (I saw another guest using it later on a Samsung). Moral of the story: trust flyertalk over Hilton IT. All's well that ends well, though, as I ended up with a better room by going to the desk than OLCI allowed me to pick anyhow.

Last edited by arlflyer; Oct 13, 2015 at 6:48 am