FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did LH change its operational upgrade logic?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:08 pm
CalFlyer

Originally Posted by Redhat72
CalFlyer, between Etihad and Emirates, which one would you rate high? I'm looking at both as viable options for 2016. I have also heard that both Etihad & Emirates are willing to do a status match. I fly mainly between India & NY (4-6 trips a year) mostly on Business, so I believe it is enough to get a *G equivalent on either of them.
It very much depends on your personal circumstances. Product-wise, I like EY better than EK, both in premium classes as well as in economy. You will find several comparison-threads in the EY and EK forums. Both airlines treat their Elites very well, I am regularly the first one to get operationally upgraded (no matter which fare class). Both FF programs are nothing to write home about, but neither is LH's.

My focus is on EK and EY because I regularly do business in the UAE itself. If I were consistently a connecting passenger (like it seems to be the case with you), then I would consider QR. Hamad airport Doha is brand new and great. Economy seats have considerably more seat pitch than EY's or EK's, and premium cabins deserve their name. Connecting on EK is a pain meanwhile since DXB airport has grown too big too fast.