FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:40 am
YYCCL3

I certainly realize I'm lucky to have gotten away with that time. I didn't pay too much attention to that section when signing up as at the time there was no conceivable reason for me to travel internationally on business - all of our operations are within Canada. Like I mentioned, I flipped through the pamphlet the next day and remembered that this is prohibited. The only reason I actually declared it as a commercial good is to be in 100% compliance... which is what the success of these programs relies upon. If I was to have gone through the regular lanes prior to being a Nexus member I wouldn't have even declared it on the form as it was such an inconsequential item. There was zero chance that any agent could have determined it was a commercial good by looking at the package or its contents. As Nazdoom stated happens often, I went to secondary with the seeming majority of agents who don't know or care about this rule - they were actually surprised and a bit miffed that I was sent to secondary for something as useless as what I had. After looking at my "good", the agent said "That's it? They sent you over here for this? You may go, please have a good night"

Certainly won't be doing it again anyway.

Last edited by YYCCL3; Oct 11, 2015 at 6:01 am Reason: correcting a typo for clarity