FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:41 am
wedotravel

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D
much left to be desired

Originally Posted by jpdx
Is this the master thread for this property? I thought I'd read some reviews already, but can't find them now.

In any case, I spent a night here last week. Stuttgart was booked fairly solid, with rates at LM approaching EUR300, and aloft approaching EUR200. Thus, 7000 points seemed ok.

It a standard aloft, with minimal Plat recognition (Urban room, coupon for a hot beverage, mediocre breakfast in lieu of points). This is my third aloft (after BKK and KUL), and I'm not sure I could tell them apart. Actually, this one does have one memorable feature: doors are heavy and slam shut with a great deal of noise.

I agree with others that upgrades at LM are hard to come by (I've had suites, but only if using a SNA), and the rooms at aloft are comparable to standard rooms at LM. More modern, even. Breakfast certainly is better at LM, distance to station is virtually the same (10 minute walk to aloft), you get a free water bottle at both. I prefer LM overall (especially because there's a shot at a suite), but this is a decent alternative.
I stayed for a WE night in August as SPG P member. I had booked a suite smart deal for 144 Euro which incl. ABF, HSIA and 3000 points. There was only one water bootle in room, when I complained the check-in lady told me that this is Aloft standard. (not in my experience, but I stay in Asia most the time) She did not give me a second but just wanted to "win the dispute" Bad customer service. Parking is super expensive and can not be paid at Hotel, (bad) I was charged for breakfast even though the rate clearly incl. ABF, the 3000 points did not post either. So I had to reach out to management and finally got my points and some compensation. Would I stay there again, don't think so unless it is below 70 Euro or 3000/4000 points. Some of the property associates have MUCH to learn!