FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:02 pm
SQTraveller

I'm not sure if it's against the rules here, but I posted a short picture report of the Singapore Grand Prix on my globetrekka website.

Formula 1 is really about the experience - gotta be there. In my report I have attached a number of photos that hopefully you will enjoy. I took a number of videos, but as there are strict rules over redistribution, I haven’t posted either the videos or all my photos.

For those of you haven’t gone before the best deal is to purchase a 3 day pass along with as many of your friends as possible. Unfortunately the early bird deal has now expired, but if you can get 8 people to go, you can get a S$20 discount per ticket.

Yes — S$278 is still quite expensive in absolute terms, but the reality is that the you get three nights of concerts each which would have cost S$150 per concert — so on top of the concerts you get to see some awesome racing!

Anything to bear in mind?
    • Go at 3pm or go for the F1 cars? This is definitely down to personal preference. I didn’t make any of the early slots, preferring to arrive around 6pm for the evening racing and the concerts. Bear in mind if you come at 3pm it is fully on tropical heat. I saw a lot of families choose this option; because staying until 1am really isn’t an option if you have young kids
    • If you want to be near the stage for the concert, go at least 2 hours before the concerts start. Otherwise you won’t be closer than 50metres. Also, try to go to the left hand side of the stage (as you look at the stage) as there are fewer people there. It will difficult to get over to that side as the entrance is on the RHS. However, once you push through, it is actually quite clear.
    • Selfie sticks — these are technically banned from the street circuit, but I never saw a single person being stopped from using them. Selfie sticks are also a good way of recording the concerts as you don’t block other people’s view.