FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to Bangkok Eating: Restaurants, Street Food and More
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:43 pm
expatbkk

Programs: UA MM, SPG Plat, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by njxbean
We are here now. Went to nahm last night which was amazing. Best food we have eaten all honeymoon. Headed to asiatique tonight for some street food.
Nahm is amazing. I haven't been to Asiatique to eat, but a place that I take people who want to try authentic street food and are squeamish about the hygiene is EaThai in the basement of Central Embassy. Yeah...it's in a super high end mall, but it is a huge area with close to 100 different vendors all dedicated to serving Thai street food. You can wander around for an hour just checking out all that's on offer from every region, order what you want and it is all impeccably clean. When you enter they hand you a card that you give to each vendor as you order and then to the cashier to pay as you leave. Diners are mostly Thai.

Without question, go to Jae Fai, have the drunken noodles and the crab omelette. The amount of crab is astounding and it looks/tastes very much like Maryland blue crab backfin lump. It's one of the finest things I have ever had the pleasure of eating.

Bon appetit!