FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:49 am
jamar

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by crimsona
What do you think is their target market? I'm not sure either, but as a Canadian, this card has been a godsend

There are less than a handful of credit cards in Canada that waived forex fees, so if we wanted to shop in the US, it'd be in cash, or with one of those cards, or a Canadian domiciled USD card with no rewards

This TD card not only gave another 25k miles (matching the Canadian bonus), they're very open towards Canadian applicants, which conveniently gives me a US domiciled card (Newegg comes to mind, and gas pumps in some states) and a sink towards using my existing USD rather than exchanging it at the poor current exchange rates.
My original thought was that their target market was Americans who happen to fly Air Canada (or prefer Aeroplan as their *A frequent flyer program), and that in such a case, those people would more likely find themselves overseas, possibly in places that don't like PIN-less cards very much.

However, if you flip it around and say that it is in fact aimed at Canadians who need an easy-to-get US-issued card that earns rewards, then it makes more sense.