FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:38 am
Carl Christensen

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Interesting data point that may be widely applicable and useful:

Given:
-Opening or closing a plat select resets 18 month window
-Conversion from World to WE seems to clear that setting making it fine to apply and be approved again
-Display of preapproved plat select seems to yield 100% approval

My experience and future plans:

-I had a converted W->WE which was closed earlier this year. I saw preapproved (offers you may be interested in) for plat select, applied, approved, letter mentioned 50k, 50k received.

-Wife's card appears to not have been converted to WE earlier this year and was closed. No display of preapproved. Applied for plat select via wyogold link (instead of the one from the wiki I used). No bonus mentioned, and we have not put any spend on it since receiving 1-2 months ago.

-Her account now shows online the "A new card has been mailed to you ..." that seems to be the indication that a conversion of W->WE has occurred. This just showed up in last few days.

-Preapproved now shows Plat select (yay! happy dance).

Interpretation:

-If you have had a World card not converted to WE and think you are stuck in the 18 month loop, then it *appears* that getting a new one, letting it age to convert from W->WE resets things to make you eligible for a new bonus on your next app.

I have haven't finished testing yet. Unfortunately in the mean time, we did a citi aa business app for her that was denied a week or so ago(!!) and haven't gotten around to HUCA. This has reset her citi app timer so will have to wait a few weeks to apply.

Will apply and report out come of bonus letter etc.

Admittedly there are some interpretation points that may not be correct, but if correct, would seem to be a way to unlock the 18mo window for people that were not W->WE converted.

Thoughts?