FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Announces new Auckland and Tel Aviv service from San Francisco
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:33 pm
bioyuki

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by adambadam
My folks head to TLV from SFO several times a year and I know my they are excited for the new route. Yes its long, but it's hard to beat a non-stop.

With that said, I doubt you see J on this route go for less than 5k any time soon. Right now if you book in advance you can typically lock in something in the 3.5k area. I think UA is going to milk this for all they got seeing as they have a monopoly on the route and I don't think the real market limits are known yet.
I haven't flown SFO-TLV a ton recently, but my last two trips SFO-EWR-TLV in J were $5-6k. The nature of business travel tends to preclude advance booking and companies often want refundable fares so I think this is going to be a very high yielding route for UA.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I my experience, that's only for upper management. At least that was the case at my last company (a very large multi-national tech company based in the Bay Area). Engineers flew Coach no matter how long the flight.
You should find a job with a better travel policy

Every company does it a bit differently but in general, if you're not entry level and you need to cross an ocean, regardless of function, you usually go in business class.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 9, 2015 at 12:20 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote