FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:44 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
What is the difference in 3 links posted in wiki? They all seem to be for the same credit card i.e. Platinum select MC

I have had AA, World Platinum level, MC

Is it same as Platinum select? (As posted in wiki links)
Yes, it's all the same. The 3 links are there because any of them could stop working at any moment, and then you'd want to have the remainder still there.

If you have a World (not a World Elite) AA Platinum MC, you can get another one with another 50k bonus if you opened it more than 18 months ago (and haven't closed another AA Platinum MC since either). I you don't have one now but had a World (not World Elite) MC in the past, you can only get another one with another 50k bonus if you closed your last one at least 18 months ago.

Ie, for the same card type, it's 18 months since another card of the type was last opened or closed. (It doesn't matter whether one is still open right now.) The only known exception is people who got their Citi AA Plat World MC cards converted (without asking) by Citi to World Elite MC.