FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Frontier airlines worth it?
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:46 am
SRQ Guy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by iahphx
Given the isolation and inefficiency of the DEN airport, that's going to be an early morning. What time does their ticket counter open? I would think you'd have to be there at 5 am.

As far as "beating" the fare, I personally would prefer going to Staples and collecting enough UR points for the nonstop flights on UA. Even without Staples promos (like the one this week), the 25,000 points would cost about $150 each (and your time -- which I guess you can spend at the DEN airport at 5 am or at a Staples/Walmart store at the time you choose). You could also apply for a new Chase card and save that trouble.

Indeed, I almost always "replace" a possible cheap Spirit or Frontier flight with an Avios or United MP redemption.
Meh. It's not as if Untied provides a wonderful experience.

The 6:30 AM flight was one of the selling points. Flight times in both directions work better for me on Frontier than on Untied or on Southwest (which would otherwise, well that and the $400+ fare difference, have been my first choice).

Appreciate the advice to arrive at 5 AM. It was between that and 5:30. We'll be staying out near DEN that last night.