FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:39 am
nbevan

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Back to back turnaround flights cancelled!

Yesterday BA told me that my turnaround flights to LIN today had been cancelled. [I assume BA must have a shortage of aircraft?]. After a lot of phone calls I have managed to have my outgoing flight refunded and the LIN-LHR leg removed from my return long-haul itinerary (though I am still waiting for the ticket to be reissued which is clearly critical to avoid the risk of being a no-show).

It was made more difficult because the outgoing flight was booked with Avios, so I needed to speak to different agents for each cancellation. The Avios agent told me I would not be able to cancel the first leg of my long haul, so I accepted a changed flight time for LHR-LIN. But the regular agent was able to cancel the first LIN-LHR leg, which meant that when I went back to the Avios agent to cancel the rearranged LHR-LIN, I had to make a special case for a full refund. (Now I know that Avios agents only handle Avios flights, I realise I should have negotiated the long haul flight changes first.)

On a positive note, the BA call system is greatly improved: even as a Blue I never had a long hold to be connected to an agent.