FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The new Emirates commercial featuring Jennifer Aniston
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:42 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Some good points there eternal.

And just to clarify my earlier comment about 'basics' ...I wasn't implying that advertising is a simple science. Far from it. The sort of issues you mention (and no doubt many more besides !) will almost certainly have been discussed in depth by EK's people and their ad agency. But I do firmly believe that the ultimate, overriding aim is to produce something that leaves the viewer with a core, memorable message.

I was a little surprised that another poster made specific reference to JA in her dressing gown. I actually thought it was such a minor aspect of the 'overall' scenario that (even after a number of viewings) I barely remembered it. The residual message for me was the fact that A380's run by Emirates have showers & lounge bars on board and that (most) other airlines do not. Now ..... although I was already well aware of that, EK are clearly targeting those who are not.

I have lost count of the number of travellers I come across who are still surprised to learn about the facilities on EK's A380's. I do point out that - useful though they are - these are not life-changers, and so please manage your expectations before you decide to shell out lots of money for (possibly) the wrong reasons. But it doesn't stop folk wanting/aspiring to try the product, and of course that's exactly what EK is hoping for by commissioning these sort of ads.