FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - flag stop - san-iad red eye makes "flag stop" in CLE
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:45 pm
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
Golly, unusually find your posts balanced and fair, a good mix of critical and positive. But your view on this thread is puzzling. There's so much we don't know here, it's hard to take so hard a firm a stance.

I think that if UA had left the 65 stranded in SAN, the hard-liners would be complaining that UA "wasn't as creative as" [name another Atlanta-based airline] at "recovering from IRROPS by just making a stop in CLE on way to IAD."

I'd not be thrilled that UA made me stop in CLE, but I'd feel like it was a nice thing that 65 of my fellow Buckeyes got home and all I had to do was put my seat up for landing one more time.

First world problems, really.
I appreciate your response - and usually I guess I'm more forgiving - but after being a victim of UA's "recovery" strategy in the past few months I guess I've grown less patient with how they manage things when they screw up - and as someone who flies many airlines regularly I know first hand that other airlines handle things better - and not by exception....

I will refrain from posting more in this thread - I guess I've been over the top aggressive and need some time to let it pass lol....