FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotwire - Given Lower Star Hotel Than Booked
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:40 pm
danielonn

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Apologies if this has come up before; I did a quick search before posting but couldn't find my exact situation.

I just booked a Hot Deals Hotel for 6 nights on Hotwire in Toronto. I selected a 3-star near the airport which was stated to be similar to a Holiday Inn, Ramada, Crowne Plaza, etc. When my booking went through, I was given the Quality Hotel, which is clearly shown on their website as part of the 1-star collection.

What recourse do I have to dispute this? I knew to be weary of Hotwire inflating star ratings, but this seems like false advertising when even Hotwire themselves say the Quality Inn is part of a collection 2 stars lower than what I paid for.
I am sorry this happened. Hmm a 3 star is totally different than a 1 star hotel. With Hotwire I will not book anything lower than a 4 star. With a 3 star hotel you can definitely get it for less than you paid. Now for a 4 star and above hotel generally it will be way more to book it on another website.

As others have stated take the Screen Shot of the hotel and websites that show it being a 1 star. See if you can dispute the charge with your Credit Card Company for False Advertisement of Product and send them the necessary information as well.

In Dubai I got a 5 Star Hotel for $85 with Hotwire and was able to upgrade it to the Executive Lounge for $155 for 2 which includes meals throughout the day, Happy Hour, Access to a Private Beach Club. Transportation to the airport and the hotel offers complimentary transportation to select areas as well. It was worth paying the fee to upgrade.

In Las Vegas I got the Trump for $100 per night on Hotwire. For Barcelona we found a nice Boutique Hotel for $80 per night.

My point is the best deals on Hotwire are 4 stars and above. If you really saw a 3 star for less then you just may risk Hotwire as they can give you an independent motel like room. Notice how they say "Hotels like Crown Plaza" that does not guarantee you anything really. A Best Western can be 3 stars and so can a Hilton or Marriott.

I hope you get this resolved OP and please let us know the outcome.