FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International to International Transit in HYD - Do I need a Transit Visa?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:46 pm
zeebanker

Originally Posted by MCI777
In November as part of an Around the World trip, I will be flying:

AUH-HYD (EY)

Connecting 5 hours later to:

HYD - HKG (CX)

Will I need any type of Visa if I am not planning on leaving the airport? These flights are on two separate tickets so will that create a potential issue? Thank you for your help!
Two separate tickets - likely yes if you check in luggage that is not interlined to your final destination. In that case, the luggage will be offloaded and you'll need to clear immigrations/customs to collect it and check it in to the next flight. Not sure if HYD offers visa on arrival, but if they do and you check in luggage, you should be ok. A transit visa is an option in this case, but this requires you to submit your passport to an Indian Consulate, which I assume you would rather not do.

In fact, even if you don't have any checked in luggage, you'll have to exit the arrivals area and go upstairs to the general check-in area (there is no check-in airside). The only scenario in which you will not possibly need to leave the arrivals area is if you don't have any check-in luggage and get a boarding pass to your connecting flight at your origin. Even then, I'd think the chances are less than 50:50.

You'll most likely need a visa because of the two separate tickets on two different airlines.