FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation fun: Will xxx be the next AA focus city / hub? Dropped? (consolidated)
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:23 am
Global321

Originally Posted by FWAAA
This is where you start to go wrong. As I stated, add back the regionals flying under US Express, AA Express ~ over 30% of the traffic at CLT.

... Well, now, that proves everything. Yes, the phrase "local traffic" can be synonymous with "O&D traffic" but in this context, it clearly does not. ...
THAT is the point. You claimed a single overly simplistic way of looking at pricing power (and share). Now you are backing away from it. (As you should.)

...That's not what I posted. Your sentence above is based on the faulty premise that the DL commuter passnengers aren't counted. DL's 16 weekday flights plus its commuter passengers (what I actually posted) equals a 19% share of the CLT O&D. That's factual, supported by the data above. It's all in the CLT annual report linked in post #359.
16 DL flights PLUS its commuter passengers? Umm... how did they come and go from the airport? I think it would be the 16 weekday flights.

...That's not what I posted. 13,700 O&D passengers depart (and 13,700 O&D passengers arrive) each day at CLT. DL sold tickets to an average of 2,603 passengers each way, or 19% of the total.
... Don't see how parking lots prove the O&D market shares, but not all passengers fly in and fly back on the same day, so typically, airports need more spaces than the average local passenger count because people often park for several days.
The exact number of originating and departing passengers will NEVER be exactly equal. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than lining up the exact number of passengers. So you are simply wrong.

Finally, you are mixing and matching numbers here and creating many wrong conclusions. And I think we have gotten far away from the fun topic of what will be the next AA focus city.

You believe CLT may get cut in half. I do not.

Let's move on with our own beliefs.