FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester airport parking
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:47 am
Simon Schus

Manchester airport parking

Hi all,

I’m planning on travelling by car to Manchester Airport from Lancaster. I’ve never done this route before as I’m usually down South and head to one of the London airports so I'm not too familiar with the setup in Manchester.

What do you think is the quickest option for getting to the bag drop desk the quickest from Lancaster?

1) Leave my car at one of the airport's long stay car parks and use one of the complimentary buses (happy with independent provider or official airport parking); or
2) Drop my car at the meet and greet valet parking at the airport.

I'm aware that valet parking would get me to security quickest after dropping my car. However, I’d have to get my car to the valet parking place and I don’t know how horrible it is to drive around the airport (e.g. perhaps there are road works that the complimentary buses would avoid, thus negating any time saving of valet parking). There is no real difference in price so I'm hoping to choose the quickest option with an arrival time at Manchester Airport during peak period (5-6pm, Friday afternoon).

I have thought about a third option of getting the train from Lancaster direct to Manchester Airport. However, I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to get into the centre of Lancaster to get to the train station on a Friday afternoon from where I'll be. I'll be fairly near the motorway so thought the car option seemed more sensible.

Simon