FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotwire - Given Lower Star Hotel Than Booked
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:27 pm
Romelle

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
The Quality Inn on Islington is also in the Hotel Lists-Hotwire on the www.betterbidding.com site as one which has been reported as received by a member. (Interestingly, in the Hotel Lists-Priceline it is a 2.5*).

Maybe next time you'd consider getting an educated guess as to what you might receive from Hotwire by posting the amenities, date, rate, etc. on betterbidding. Some of the 3* amenities lists for the Toronto airport area hotels are pretty generic, so for that location it wouldn't necessarily be a very certain guess, but the Quality Inn likely would be among the list of possibles provided.

I do hope you don't just swear off Hotwire. Admittedly their star levels can be different than Priceline, and there can be other issues. But, if used carefully, Hotwire can be one more good weapon in your travel arsenal. When bidding Priceline, and looking at Hotwire offers, I usually spot Priceline about a 1/2 star so I've got a closer comparison.

I'm not a hotel expert, but I've definitely noticed that hotel chains can have different star levels in different cities.

Romelle