FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus (EI) award booking experiences using UA miles [Consolidated]
Old Sep 28, 2015, 6:42 pm
PBAudit

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by nartman
I am trying to reserve Saver award travel from NYC to Ireland. There are multiple qualifying flyings on the dates of my travel, but between Saturday and today I have now made three different reservations that don't get ticketed and when I call I am told they were cancelled (although online it still says they are pending confirmation from Aer Lingus and I never get any cancellation emails).

This is getting really frustrating, especially explaining it to the call center people. I've been on the phone about 3 hours in total today to no avail. No one knows why it was pending or cancelled and why these flights are all available online.

My current reservation is now one leg UA and one EI (I was hoping United would work "harder" on this one since only half of it is a code-share...)

Is there anything else I can do?

I did call Aer Lingus and gave them the confirmation code UA gave me for them, and they can only see cancelled reservations with no itineraries... How could that happen?

Sorry this is a RANT of sorts but it's been a very frustrating 12 hours.

(FYI, I am an award travel noob. This experience had put a bad taste in my mouth and I sort of want to stick to my Sapphire Preferred points going forward and be content with 20% off with points.)
Last month I made a paid reservation to Ireland, connecting in London. Thus, I had Aer Lingus for a couple of the segments.

After making the reservation, I checked on this reservations for the next few days. The ticket was never issued. The reservation said "Not Ticketed". After 3 days, I called United reservations about the ticketing delay. The agent was surprised and researched what may be the problem.

Eventually, she found there was a discrepancy of $1 which was not allowing the ticketing to go through. They got my approval for the revised amount (IIRC it was a dollar more) and the reservation was ticketed.

I never was told if it was an Aer Lingus problem or United problem. My guess it is Aer Lingus, as I never had a problem with other code share flights. Since you have an award ticket, I'm not sure if this applies. My guess is that there may be a discrepancy on taxes/fees.