FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus (EI) award booking experiences using UA miles [Consolidated]
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:00 pm
nartman

Help! Repeated ticketing issues with UA/EI

I am trying to reserve Saver award travel from NYC to Ireland. There are multiple qualifying flyings on the dates of my travel, but between Saturday and today I have now made three different reservations that don't get ticketed and when I call I am told they were cancelled (although online it still says they are pending confirmation from Aer Lingus and I never get any cancellation emails).

This is getting really frustrating, especially explaining it to the call center people. I've been on the phone about 3 hours in total today to no avail. No one knows why it was pending or cancelled and why these flights are all available online.

My current reservation is now one leg UA and one EI (I was hoping United would work "harder" on this one since only half of it is a code-share...)

Is there anything else I can do?

I did call Aer Lingus and gave them the confirmation code UA gave me for them, and they can only see cancelled reservations with no itineraries... How could that happen?

Sorry this is a RANT of sorts but it's been a very frustrating 12 hours.

(FYI, I am an award travel noob. This experience had put a bad taste in my mouth and I sort of want to stick to my Sapphire Preferred points going forward and be content with 20% off with points.)

Mods notified of cross-posting.

Last edited by l etoile; Sep 28, 2015 at 6:53 pm