FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:20 am
pageboy

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rb23lb
Hi there - first time to Venice w/wife coming up and we are staying one night at Hotel Danieli.

We arrive by Italo high speed train at 1100 am at the Santa Lucia station and are only in Venice one night before flying out to Paris the next day on a 245 PM flight out of Marco Polo airport.

I spent about 2 hours researching all the private boat ($180 each way 25 mins) and group taxi ($75 for 2 people each way 30 mins) and public waterbus ($20 for 2 people each way 45 mins) options from Santa Lucia to the Hotel Danieli and I am still confused as hell about what the best option is that you season veterans would chose?

Which is the most scenic disregarding the length of time it takes or quality of the vessel?

Which is the least stressful with least risk to get swindled or overcharged?

I read some scary reviews about all the shady people that bait and switch and lie and swindle to overcharge you for the private boats, so I started to sway more towards a group taxi situation where we couldn't be taken advantage of.

Thanks in advance!
Did this exact trip the month of August. Since we were a family of four, I opted for the water taxi out of Santa Lucia station to the Danieli for 60 Euros. I did ask before boarding how much it would cost. No wait (big advantage) and a nice intro to Venice culture. We also took the water taxi to Marco Polo airport at the end of our stay. This was a much longer ride that I had booked through the hotel (highly recommend) and cost 110 Euro. Had a good look at the wetlands that are vast in Venice. It was a lot of money but also a good choice for my family to embrace the full experience.