FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dumped in Indy [JAX-ORD, AA diverted and left me at IND]
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:26 am
jordyn

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Well, unlike you, I'm not prepared to say that you're wrong. Clearly, however, we read this differently. Given the situation, I expect that the GA didn't know when the next available flight would be.
Why not? AA has this computerized reservation system that keeps track of inventory on various flights. The GA could consult this fancy system and look for the next flight with availability. That would be the next available flight, no? Or at least that's what people argue here all the time when passengers complain that they can't be accommodated quickly or in the class of service they booked, etc.

And as far as hotel accommodations, it's not clear to me that OP gave the GA a chance. GA was clearly hassled at that particular moment. Give him/her 15 minutes, however, and s/he may well have offered up a hotel room as well as the next available flight.
Maybe. Regardless, it seems like AA owes OP some sort of refund and the GA should probably get some more training. Or, AA would probably be out less money to pay for OP's car rental than by actually doing any of the things they were obligated to, so just paying the money seems like a reasonable business compromise in this case. Otherwise, a complaint to the DOT that AA seems uninterested in actually abiding by its CoC seems like a reasonable follow-up step.