FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - search feature --> easy choice of alternate airports
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:30 am
Steven Avery

Originally Posted by swag
Kayak has a generic "include nearby", but if you know the area, it also lets you specify a comma separated list of airport codes. So you can search for HPN,JFK,EWR but omit LGA, if you want.
Thanks! I really like Kayak as my #1. And this will make for good use, I usually have the codes in mind or easy to find.

(Some of these may have changed their nearby airport mode leading to my question and frustration. I remember one had a map, maybe it was only an airline site like Southwest, anybody know?)

As for ITA Maxtrix, I may try their App, which was given a positive reference. According to one thread, they are now owned by Google, and google is not making things easy on the ITA side, instead pushing more their Google Flight Search. Google has their own quirks when they purchase a Sam or Harry company.

With the info so far, if I want ease of multi-airports it will be Kayak and Google Flight. If any of the other big boys have a good flexible multi-airport search, they will be in the mix. The reason you need flexibility is generally they will have a limit (4 or 5) and a couple are easy to omit, e.g. regional travel airports rather than long-distance.

Hmmm.. I see that Kayak does have the map I like. Maybe I missed it, or it was out for a day yesterday.

All help appreciated!

Steven Avery

Last edited by Steven Avery; Sep 25, 2015 at 10:26 am