FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short ~6Day Trip - JNB & CPT Possible?
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:08 pm
jsnydcsa

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Skip JNB and spend the time in the Cape. Guaranteed you'll want to come back for more.
+1 on more time in CPT v. JNB.

You're coming out of IAD on SA 208, I assume, based on the flight time inbound. You could blast through JNB / Apartheid Museum on the day following your arrival then go to CPT immediately thereafter. It's a cost, hassle, associated with getting / staying in two then heading back out the next morning to JNB. But, doable since it's a "must" Others can advise on "quick" reserves outside of JNB, if this is a possibility post Museum then to get you that then vickle down do CPT.

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Skip JNB and spend the time in the Cape [...] not much to see and too much violent crime.
-/+0 on this
I don't 100% agree with this nor do I disagree with this. Since you have some specific things in ind for JNB, do them now. For a first timer, I generally recommend CPT over JNB.

In CPT, you could do Table Mountain and Robben Island same day. Depending on timing and your / your hosts' comfort getting around you could even tightly squeeze in Cape Point. But, really the place for the end of Africa is Agulhas. You can't do Agulhas in the same day.