FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA and US cross program and merged FFP upgrade questions (merged threads)
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:36 am
T. Sanderson

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
Originally Posted by mrChett
I booked an AA flight (Philly to Dallas) through the US Airways website (cheaper), picked my seats but was not offered the opportunity to request upgrade using my 500 miles stickers.

Subsequent trips to both websites referred me back to the other when I try change seats. I called both desks, and they referred me back to each other. An AA agent told me at check in I would be prompted (somehow) to request upgrade.

I received an email from US Airways reminding me check in, redirected to AA for check-in, nothing about upgrade (this was at 24 hour mark). Called AA again, and the agent told me since it was a US Airways flight no dice n 500 mile stickers. I reminded me it was a AA flight for real, his response was - but marketed through US Airways. Told to check in with agent at airport.

So, is there any hope of getting on any upgrade list with a reasonable chance of clearing? I'm Gold on AA, and have enough stickers? Also, traveling with a non-status companion. I realize the upgrade list is dependent on other factors as well, just curious if I am even eligible at this point.

TIA
I fly lots of US flights on AA tickets. While I haven't done it with stickers (mostly under 500), the method I have found to work is:
1. Log in to US w/ my aadvantage info.
2. Log in to AA in another tab, so I'm logged in on both sites at the same time
3. Go to OLCI on AA, which then redirects me to US.
4. Now enter info for OLCI on US.

This method lets me request the upgrade. I have had trouble if I'm not logged in to both sites when I start. Don't try to OLCI until logged in to both.

Maybe it's different with stickers, but my sub 500 upgrade requests work this way. I get ridiculous answers from CSRs, having been told that I am just not eligible. Poppycock! Maybe this will work in reverse for you.