FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:46 am
craig51

Morning all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I have read the sticky and it confirmed what I mostly knew. However I would like to clarify one thing.

I am departing Edinburgh on a BA flight to Heathrow T5 in Economy. I then have a business class flight from T3 to JFK via American Airlines. This was all booked via BA's website if that makes a difference.

As per the normal system, I would get off my flight, follow the purple signs, bus it over to T3 and then go through security again. I have 90mins to achieve all this.

My questions are,
1/ If I have baggage checked in at Edinburgh, this should be a through ticket therefore I don't need to collect bags, is that right?

2/Does having an AA business class ticket get me through fast track security. I read the info on fasttrack and it say BA business UK, which isn't exactly what I have!

3/Could I follow the normal process, so bus it over to T3, and make my way to the AA premium check in desk and go through that way (looks nicer and have a fast security lane). Being a business class ticket holder this will allow me to use this service. This should be quicker but I am wary of going outwith the "normal" system as detailed on Heathrow's connections pdf.

Any other tips!