FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crappy app or GoGo snafu?
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:11 am
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Another enhancement

After more failed attempts (and one successful attempt) to access DL.com in-flight via the DL app on my IPhone, I have been told by GoGo on-line tech support that DL/GoGo no longer want us to be able to access DL.com in flight without a GoGo subscription. Even after I pressed to make sure that this was the story they were going to stick with, GoGo emphatically stated several times that this was indeed true.

I then called DL SMS and was transferred to DL's on-line tech support, where I was first told the same story... no in-flight DL.com access via the app without a GoGo subscription. When I pressed, I was put on hold for five minutes, and then was told that I should be able to connect without a subscription, but that I needed to remove and reinstall the DL app.

So, after revealing to me that, on one flight when I had problems, records showed that only two people on a full MD88 were able to access GoGo, GoGo is telling me that the problem is that DL requires I have a GoGo subscription.

And DL, aware that I was able to access on one flight but not others, tells me it is a problem with the app.

And, of course, there is no way to contact tech services and troubleshoot the problem in flight.

I am starting to feel that this is too much hassle to go through, in an attempt to reestablish the ability to check connecting gates while in flight, considering that information is often not there when I do successfully connect to DL.com.