FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unforgettable-moments-offer and upgrades (for 40$)
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:07 pm
Yul_voyager

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Unforgettable-moments-offer and upgrades (for 40$)

I booked a King deluxe room using the "Unforgettable moments offer" last week-end.
This rate (20% cheaper than flexible rate) includes an upgrade if available at check-in, according to the website :
Enjoy a complimentary room upgrade based upon availability when you book the Unforgettable Moments Offer online through Fairmont.com*
So when I checked I asked about upgrade availability and here is my experience :
- did you check the case for it (I realize latter she was talking about the nor1 estandby upgrade).
- no I didn't, as I haven't see the case...
- ok let me see what I have... I have a Deluxe Corner King, it's going to be 40$...
- hum, wait a minute (I checked my Tab to find the rate conditions...). Please have a look, they said the fare is eligible for upgrade if available...
- yes that is right but it does not means it's free. Upgrades are never free, sorry for any misunderstanding. We just have one corner room available and we may sell it later today so we won't give it for free.
- ok fine, let's keep the original Deluxe king...

To be fair with the hotel it was 1.30pm so they may have wait the official check-in time (3pm). Also the accountability accept to lower my non-refundable rate after the rate dropped on their website which is a nice action...
Still, curious to know what do you think about the check-in experience...