FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:33 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
San Antonio Hyatt Regency Stay Report - 9/19-9/21:

Location: A great location for all San Antonio sights. The Alamo is literally a block away and the hotel has an entrance right onto the Riverwalk. It's in a bit of a touristy area, but then again a lot of downtown San Antonio is a touristy area. Thankfully soundproofing is good and the crowds aren't an issue.

Hotel: Older but quite nice. There's a large central atrium and lobby which is very inviting. Breakfast is served in a restaurant just off the lobby and there's also a bar that overlooks the atrium. In the basement are several shops and just outside on the Riverwalk are a bunch of restaurants and bars. There's a pool and gym up on the 11th floor that I didn't see. Do note that some of the rooms are a really long walk from the elevator as the hallway doesn't run as a full square.

Check In: This was my first stay since I obtained Hyatt Platinum and the agent acted like it was a big deal which was nice. She asked if I needed a 2 PM check out and explained how Wifi would work. Apparently as there's no Regency Club here I was entitled to breakfast, I'm not sure if it was because of my status or my room rate but I was told I could have the full breakfast buffet for two in the restaurant.

Room: I had paid extra for a river view which got me a large king room. That said, it had a really tiny bathroom which was disappointing. Also, it wasn't serviced very well. My desk lamp was unplugged, one of the outlets didn't work and when I went to make coffee I found there was only one pack of decaf and no cups. On the positive side the Wifi worked well, there were outlets by the bed and the TV was quite nice.

Other: I did Valet parking ($39 a day vs. $29 for self park) and they were great about getting my car quickly.

I liked this hotel, all the staff were great and the location was perfect for downtown. I'd happily be back.