FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:49 pm
zackkg

BKK to IAD economy saver in August

Hi,
Maybe no one knows the answer to this question but I figured that if anyone would know it would be someone here. I need to get 2 saver economy tickets from Bangkok to Washington in the middle of next August (I am blowing all the miles I accumulated flying during grad school). Right now there are tickets available, but the itinerary kind of sucks, it involves a 24 or 25 hour journey going through LHR or VIE. I would prefer to save a couple of hours and go through NRT or PEK. Right now there is plenty of saver availability on the NH flights all through July, but the NH flights for August aren't even listed as options (not in saver nor in standard).

Does anyone know if this means that NH just hasn't released its seats to United yet and that I should check back in a week or two? Or is mid-August really so much busier than late July? Maybe I should call United and ask? I'm not sure what the best play is.

I know I can book the LHR/VIE itinerary now and change it later, but I don't have the status necessary to avoid the fees, and although $150 isn't all the money in the world, I'd rather not burn it if those seats are very likely to come open in the near future.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any insights/suggestions.
zackkg