FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:40 am
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Just completed my second rental on this promotion and I am mostly remembering now why I had stopped renting from Hertz. Their prices are higher than Budget (with whom I usually rent these days) and their cars are nasty. Seriously.

Just over a week ago my full size car out of DFW was a stripped down VW Passat with no USB or backing camera. I did not even know that they still made cars without these features.

A couple of hours ago I returned a Nissan to DAL that also had no USB or backing camera. It also stank of smoke and had two cigarette burn holes on the back seat. This is the POS that they assigned me as a President's Circle member. Gross!

I am also concerned about getting the promised miles, especially in light of the quick posting that many have mentioned. I have already received 500 miles for last week's rental, but there is no sign of the promised 7,500 miles.

Today's rental is even more concerning, as the receipt when I returned the car was for 2 days 9 hours, rather than the 3 days I booked. It was also for about 50¢ less than the rate I booked. When I asked about this three different Hertz employees (including the manager) insisted that my receipt would not/could not show three days unless I returned the car at 10:00pm because my pick-up was at 10:00pm. They insisted that "this is how Hertz does it," despite the fact that my receipt from the prior week out of DFW showed 3 days despite my picking the car up at 11:00pm and returning it at 4:30am. How is it that 2 days 5 hours = 3 days out of DFW, but 2 days 9 hours ≠ 3 days out of DAL? Both rentals were booked through the link in the United email I received, so I know that the rate codes were the same.

The manager at DAL did promise to process my return at 10:00pm tonight so my receipt will show 3 days, but I have no idea if this will happen. I also wasted a good half hour at Hertz working on this.

If I don't receive the 15k miles that I should, I will have spent more money to rent crappier cars for no additional benefit. I could do one more rental with Hertz before the end of the promotion, but I am starting to doubt whether it is worth the trouble.