FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:06 pm
vandrei

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by werejusttravelers
Thanks for listening. One year ago, I researched Burlington Vermont, BTV to Washington DC IAD to Maui OGG back to BTV for summer 2015. The choices for economy saver awards were multiple. Great flights!--all saver awards so 45000 miles total. This year, nothing showing for the same summer 2016 trip. Why, i want to know? I'm reduced to searching roundtrip legs like chicago to maui (chicago is a connect from DC) to see some saver awards, or DC to maui (and there are some really lousy flights at saver level). We're talking 90000 miles to do this trip--double the 2015 rate! Bad enough, but, when i punch this multi-city trip, the saver awards do not show up at all, as in the saver awards along that route no longer exist. Any ideas? Thanks again.
Who knows, really.

Maybe UA hasn't released saver inventory. Maybe you don't have the right Premier status that opens up the extra award buckets. Maybe there's Saver Business/First but no Saver Economy. Maybe UA wants to sell you tickets (see below).

If I were you, I would be flexible with my starting and ending airports (HNL, KOA) and travel dates. Also consider that US-Hawaii flights are quite inexpensive now if you're flexible with your starting airport, and you might find Saver fares that connect you from BTV to an airport where you can catch a Saver fare.