FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi-million dollar investment in onboard food and beverage options
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:09 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PushingTin
What is the obligation for catering in BF for domestic flights? I was on the 7:2o ORD-DEN flight, that didn't get out till past 9- maybe it was pushed back at 10:30. I smelled the ovens cooking, but they only brought us cookies. We were in turbulence with the cabin crew seated for the first hour. Between getting to the airport around dinner time and knowing I had a meal flight, I had skipped dinner. I didn't get a chance to ask the FA about it. ...
ORD-DEN is not BF, it is domestic F or in a 3-class domestic business.

The normal process is meals are served on based on scheduled departure even when delayed. The crew should have announced the reason for no meals.

I have breaksfast served on a 4 hour delayed flight when lunch would have been more appropriate -- but the flight is catered based on scheduled departure. Perhaps for massive delays the catering may be redone. But I have never had a dinner flight skip the meal for a 1 or 2 hour delay.